Friday, March 19, 2010

Calissa - another COLD - darn!

My day! I…am tired. I’ll write about it tomorrow…

Okey dokey, it’s the day after tomorrow. I taught again, and this time, I ROCKED! I did it, I did it, I did it! I taught six successful lessons to second and first graders! The lesson was making paper dolls, and not only did we use the BMCs, we finished the craft! Today is Friday, so I only teach ELE once, then the second graders once. We’re making Easter baskets, which will then be used in the egg hunt for ILP kids. <3

I’m pretty excited for the weekend. I asked the Chinese teachers what they do for fun, and the most emphatic and frequent answer was ‘sleep’- after my first crazy week of actual teaching, I must say I agree. Sleep is a many splendored thing, it’s like oxygen! All you need is sleep~ …oh, wait, was that love? Okay, love too.

*sigh* I have a cough, and my sinuses are killing me. Getting over the flu, then catching a cold, reeks to the high heavens. It doesn’t help that everyone else has the same thing, and that Laura, China, and Kara sound like they’re dying of it. I still have a voice at least, but teaching is not fun when random sneezing and coughing interrupts the lesson. Thank goodness for vitamin C!

I’m bushed, so I’m going to get through the last stretch of today, then sleep like a log. Hopefully my brainpower will have amped up enough to describe more aspects of my experience by then. My group’s zombie-esque demeanor will probably dissipate by Saturday afternoon, but if not, I will let you know!

Love you all! Calissa