Monday, April 19, 2010

Bryce's SuperFly Pinewood Derby car

It's that time of year...

Bryce and his pack all vowed not to let their dads touch the cars...no moms for that matter either. We have some pretty crafty moms (no not crafty in the bad way) and we know our way around the garage. I tease my sweet husband that most of the tools in the garage are mine : )

I digress...



Bryce wanted a trident shaped car and cut it so small that we were forced to go foraging through the garage for anything that would be the right size and weight to add 4 more ounces to the car. This is what evolved as we found things to glue to the foundation and it looked so much like a dragonfly that it got wings!



I can honestly say the only thing I did was give him permission to use my glass stones and used the drill press to create an indentation for the steel "eyeball" at the front. The wings do flap as it goes...not sure if that will help the speed or not, but it sure looks cool!

Great Job Bryce!!! Weighing in at 4.9 ounces....SUPERFLY!